Posted on Leave a comment

WoCaR 2023 – Week 12

This post in a series keeping track of my Winter of Care and Repair 2023 Project. If you want to see all the posts in the series click here

This was another tough week to fit things in – I was rather busy Wednesday and then we were away early Thursday to late Saturday. But it was another case of do a little bit when you can.


9 March

I did a little work on another hat pattern – cutting out pieces.

This will be the Bucket Hat from Elbe Textiles. They also produced the hat pattern I made last week – the Serpentine. As this will be part of a group presentation, and we get points taken off if one thing is too dominant from the other makes, I’m keen to give the group some options as to what I make.

It’s out of the same denim from last week.

I also picked up some grey dye to alter the colour of a length of fabric. More on that tomorrow.


10 March

I’ve had some pink sweatshirt material in my stash for a couple of years.

I bought it online because it was discounted. I did have a project in mind, but when it came through I realised it didn’t have any stretch so it wasn’t suitable. I’m not a huge fan of pink, so it’s been languishing for a while.

My husband and I play D&D on a Saturday at Nerdy. I have so much love for that venue, but downstairs where most of the sessions are can be a little chilly. In a campaign I play a druid who often turns into a dire wolf, and I thought it’d be fun if I made a wolfy cape using the Traveller Cape from Twig & Tale and potentially the animal add on.

But pink wouldn’t do, so I bought some grey and dyed it. It didn’t entirely work.

My camera is struggling to capture this colour, but it’s somewhere between these two shades. Sort of grey, but also a bit purple/pink, and mottled.

I’m still going to make the cape with this. It’s a Wild Shape wolf so it can be a weird colour.


11 March

I finished the bucket hat, and just in time as I’ve got a meeting for the group project on Tuesday (tomorrow)

I used the pattern pieces for the Bucket hat, but borrowed the instructions from the Merchant and Mills Bucket Hat. It’s a bit tricky because you bag out the hat, but it ends up with a neater finish.

I took some time to practice the top stitching.

I’ll need to get some top stitching thread and maybe baste so my seam lines line up a bit better, but I’m happier with this than last week.


12 March

Worked a little bit more on my file reorganisation project mentioned the past few weeks. No pictures but it’s not exciting.


13 March

I went along to first Mid-Week Mend put on by the Oswestry & Borders Repair Cafe. The group is full of such nice people, I always love going along.

Although I was kept very busy with hemming (so much hemming!), I did manage to do a little stitching on my jacket refashion/mend.

I’ll be there next week as well!


14 March & 15 March

We went away for a couple of days, and I brought my jacket along with me.

It’s a lovely project to travel with, and I enjoyed working on it in the hotel after we knackered ourselves out walking around.


Less than a week left until the Vernal Equinox! If I have time I’ll make a little recap of everything I worked on.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *